We're looking for a dependable, detailed-oriented bookkeeper to join our team.
Here’s what you can expect working at Hale CPA Group:
Who’s got the ball? You do? Perfect!
- Is your glass half empty? This probably isn’t the best place for you, then.
- We primarily use QuickBooks Online and Xero. We also like applications like Hubdoc, bill.com, Gusto, and Expensify. If you know some of these, we can teach you the rest.
- You’ll need to be a problem solver and not a kick the can down the road-er.
Nobody likes a bully. And there’s no “i” in accounting. Okay, so there is an "i" in accounting. Just be a team player, and we’ll all get along fine.
When I just said there was no "i" in accounting, was your first reaction, "That's ridiculous, of course there's an "i" in accounting."? Did you also just double-check to be sure that “i” in accounting was dotted? You’ll love this job.
You just chuckle to yourself when that crazy hare races past. He'll tire out soon. Methodical and steady wins the race!
We have a certain way of doing things around here, and we think our processes are pretty good. We’ll want you to keep those going.
Board-game cheaters aren’t a good fit here.
When someone unloads the dishwasher for you, do you have a little bit of anxiety that they're not going to put in the right place? Does it drive you crazy when someone points the fork in the wrong direction in the silverware drawer? We get you. Seriously, how could someone do that!
- Close the loop. Let’s talk more about that when we meet. Be sure to ask us about it.
Here are a few minimum requirements:
Prior bookkeeping experience a plus
Solid Excel skills.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor or Xero Advisor certification a plus
Desire for life-long learning and intellectual curiosity is a must to be successful in this gig.
Must be able to smile fairly regularly. Laughing optional, but highly encouraged. If you know some good “dad jokes” that’s a bonus.
One more thing – you must be authorized to work in the US.
· Flexible working hours
· Medical, dental, vision, term life, AD&D, 401(k) plan available
· 4 weeks paid vacation (includes the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's).
· Adjustable-to-standing workstations with dual monitors and really comfy chairs.
· Great coffee. Would you want to work somewhere with bad coffee? Not me.
· Casual dress. There's just no need to dry clean in order to count beans.
· You get to hang out with us. Definitely a benefit.
Want to know more? We can talk about this all day! Let’s chat.
How to apply:
Step 1: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Take our culture survey.